In the past year, Costco has become one of my favorite grocery stores. There are several items that I love buying there for their quality and price.
I’ve noticed an increase in keto friendly options/brands as well as lots of overall healthy options.
Here’s what’s often on my Costco list:
Fresh Fruits & Vegetables
- Organic Bananas: they’re always just almost ripe when they get delivered and that’s just how I like them.
- Organic blueberries: never mushy, always super flavorful!
- Organic cucumbers: great quality and much better price than other grocery stores.
- Organic greens: If I don’t get them from the farmers market, I like to get spring mix and spinach at Costco for the price.
- Organic apples: best price I’ve seen unless they’re on a Prime Deal at Whole Foods
- Avocados: Costco has the best avocados. They’re large and always green inside.
- Limes: They come in 5lb bags and they’re usually large and smooth skinned- perfect for margaritas!
- Clementines: Perfect for kids’ lunches.
- All of the frozen berries are a great price compared to other stores. We like the organic blueberries from Whole Foods better but we like the price at Costco.
- Frozen Avocado! Great for smoothies!
- Frozen Mango
- Kerrygold Butter! The best price I’ve seen for this grass-fed butter. I stock up when it’s on sale and end up paying around $3 per pack of two sticks.
- Lakanto Sweetener: My favorite keto friendly sweetener (monkfruit) at my favorite price!
- Avocado Oil: For high temperature cooking.
- Organic Olive Oil
- Organic Coconut Oil
- Nuts: We buy all of their raw nuts, pecans being my recent favorite.
- Himalayan Salt: Already in a grinder. Score!
- Honey: Best price, great quality.
- Maple Syrup: Like the honey, best price, great quality.
- Almond Milk: Organic, low carb and shelf stable until opened.
- “Paleo Bars”: A great, clean snack without junk ingredients, not low carb.
- Organic Apple Sauce: Perfect for school lunches. I also buy the Costco brand apple sauce pouches.
- Sparkling water cans
- Water jugs/bottles
- Pirate’s Booty: For boat days and school snacks.
- Siete Brand Chips: These are not always available but their my favorite grain free chips to buy when they have them!
- Late July Chips: When I need Chips and they don’t have Siete, I get these.
- Organic Almond Butter: No junk ingredients. Great price.
- Eggs: When I don’t get them from my local farmer, I get these. They’re organic and free range and affordable.
- Ice Cream: Costco has THE BEST vanilla ice cream. Seriously. Do yourself a favor and try it. Then add some…
- Chocolate Chips: Costco also has the best chocolate chips! They’re so creamy. A total non-keto indulgence that’s worth every bite.
- Keto Ice Cream Bars: These are so good, you’ll forget they’re keto!
Ok, I think that’s it! What do you like to buy at Costco?