The question of the day every day since Halloween seems to be “is it too early to start celebrating Christmas?”. The peppermint mocha from Starbucks has always been my favorite holiday drink and unofficially kicks off my personal holiday season. This year, I wanted a healthy DIY version to enjoy whether I am at home or on the road.
Instead of artificial flavors and a sugar crash, this Bulletproof version will set me up for mental clarity, sustained energy, and a satisfied appetite. It’ll help me knock my shopping list out in no time.
This recipe may convince you that it’s not too early to get into the holiday spirit after all.
Bulletproof Peppermint Mocha Coffee Drink Recipe
- 10-12 ounces of brewed coffee (I like this best)
- 1/4 cup full fat organic coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon cacao powder (I use this one)
- 1/4 teaspoon Xylosweet (or other sweetener)
- 1-2 drops food grade peppermint oil
- 1 tablespoon grass fed butter
- 1 scoop collagen powder (I use this one)
- 1 tablespoon Brain Octane oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Whipped Cream
- Cacao Nibs (I use these)
- Combine coffee, coconut milk, cacao powder, sweetener, peppermint oil, butter, collagen powder and brain octane in blender.
- Blend 30-60 seconds
- Optional: Top with whipped cream and cacao nibs
I’ve also made it without the coconut milk and while it ends up being less creamy, it’s still good!
Want to know more about Bulletproof coffee? Visit their blog here.
What gets you in the Christmas spirit most?